Saturday, March 15, 2014

Tutorial Session

It was noon, and it was hot. The sun shined brightly onto my face that I could hardly open my eyes. Why didn't I just stay home and enjoy the relaxing Saturday afternoon but decide to head toward DeAnza High School? It was because I had a date with the Ivy League Connection; I was going to learn more about blog posting, details about the upcoming events, and  the trip I am going to have this summer.
 Sun Shining on the Ivy League Connection's Banner
We started out our session with blogging. Even before applying for the Ivy League Connection, I had heard that blogging was a very important part of this scholarship because it allowed people around the world to understand the life of studying in an Ivy League college, and also to improve our writing skills. In order to get familiar with this blogging site and understand how to operate it, we posted small pieces of writing and pictures. With this activity, I know how to blog now.We also went over our responsibilities, following events, and things that we need to bring on our trip, and those made a long list. 
I am so excited for the trip right now because I will be able to travel to the east coast and  learn in an Ivy League college, meet many new friends, and experience many new things. But, at the same time, I also feel anxious because I have to learn to be independent and to adapt to a new learning environment and culture in a place that is so far away from home. However, I believe that I can do it, and I will.

3 comments:

  1. I’m looking forward to seeing you blossom, Jing.

    I worry, though, about forcing you out into the sunshine. After your comments in your practice blog about you and sunshine it has me worried. But that, too, will be a part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fine with sunshine, just not too much. I will get used to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jing -

    I am excited for the trip, too. I have no doubt that you and the other cohort members will flourish in your new learning environment at Brown.

    ReplyDelete