Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Can't Believe It's Almost Over...

Today seemed like a normal day at Brown, but what really is a normal day? Usually they consist of food, class, the gym, and hanging with friends. The day satisfies all of those categories yet in some way it seems more special then that. Maybe I'm just getting more sentimental as my time here grows smaller but I can't help but think that today was abnormal. Despite this feeling I really can't think about anything that makes today that special, besides the fact that Germany absolutely dominated Brazil today in the World Cup.

I don't really know what to say about my day except for the fact that class has been getting more interesting with every new day. We went over Fiscal Policy today, which was hard but felt very satisfying after understanding the concept. After the lecture we were given a short amount of time to work on our projects and homework but we were all to excited about the Brazil Vs. Germany game to get as much done as we would've liked. After class my cluster and I immediately headed to the nearest restaurant with a projector so that we could watch the game and have a late lunch. By the time we got a table Germany had already scored and, as I'm sure you all already know, it only got worse from there. I have no preference with either team but I was really looking forward to seeing a good match. It's just disappointing to see a professional team get massacred that badly, so we decided to leave soon after Germany scored their fifth goal.

I didn't have much time between leaving the game and heading out for the last dinner with the cohort so I changed quickly and headed out to meet Ms. Scott at 5:45 PM. I had put Al Forno, an Italian restaurant, on my list of places to go while we were in Providence so this was like the last "hoorah" of the Brown-I cohort in Rhode Island. We decided to go all out and order all the food we could possibly imagine eating including Calamari and Margherita Pizzas, Riggatoni w/ Veal Bolognese (mine), Homemade Meatballs, Spaghetti & Clams (Brandon's), Whole Grilled Seabass (Kevin's), Swiss Chard Ravioli (Arnold), Scallops w/ grilled vegetables (Jing), and Lasagna (Alana's), but that was all before dessert. This consisted of Crepes w/ Chocolate Sauce & Creme Fraiche, Chocolate Cake w/ Whipped Cream, Homemade Strawberry Mascarpone Ice Cream, and a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart. All of it was to die for and I even had some leftovers to share with my cluster when I got back.

I didn't really know what to do for the last two hours before curfew when I got back so I just decided to take a nap. I wanted to catch up on my sleep deficit but I soon realized that I should have just finished my blog first along with the homework that's due on Thursday. I think I'll just do it in the morning as I also have to study for the AP Macroeconomics test that we're scheduled to take during class that day. It's a tight schedule but I think that if I keep getting more and more sleep I'll be able to finish it all. With that being said I should probably head off to bed. Jusqu'a a la prochaine fois!

No comments:

Post a Comment