Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Half Full or Half Empty? I Can't Decide...

Today marked the half-way point in our journey here at Brown. I feel like now would be a good time to reflect on this process and a whole and not just focus on what I do on each individual day. So without further ado here is my complete wrap-up of the summer@brown program.

In a nutshell, Brown rocks. On my first day everybody was so nice and it made it really easy to transition into what I have come to know as college life. I know that actual college is much different (probably a lot harder) but I like to think of myself as a college student anyway. Besides I've heard many people exclaim that I don't look like a high school student at all. In fact one person even said I looked 23... I didn't really know if that was a compliment or not so an awkward chuckle ensued, followed by perfect and complete silence. The next day was the first day of class though, which turned out to be much more exciting than I thought.

After having dealt with 100 minute classes for the past 3 years of my high school career I thought I would've been able to handle a 180 minute lecture class. Unfortunately, I was dead wrong. At first I grew increasingly tired at an almost exponential rate, but now it seems that I have gotten quite used to it. Hopefully I'll be able to transfer this experience into next years classes because senioritis is always a large threat and I need as many resources as possible to help me fend it off.

There aren't really any other main things that have made this program so great because it's really been all the little things. Before coming here I didn't really think that was true but I can honestly say now that I'm a believer. The people, the campus, the food, the late nights, the early mornings, the roommate. All of these things equal up to be an experience that I will never forget. The outstanding part of it all is that it's only gotten better as I've gotten farther into it! I don't really know how this is possible but people seem to find new things everyday while they're here at Brown and the accumulation of these things is what really makes it special. Besides that there really isn't much to say. My day went by pretty quickly as nothing much happened besides a make-up class for the 4th of July (we get it off). We watched A Beautiful Mind, which I had already seen, but loved watching it again, realizing again that it was worthy of all the awards it received. To anyone who hasn't seen it yet I highly recommend it. In fact you should watch it right now. I would watch it again but I need to get my beauty sleep so good night! Jusqu'a a la prochaine fois!

No comments:

Post a Comment