Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Second Half

I've realized that after a week of being here, I'm starting to say things like "I'm going to go back home" or something of the likes on accident when I really mean back to my dorm room.  I guess the university is really starting to feel comfortable like a home to me.  I'm less awkward around the halls, the elevators, the streets, etc.  I'm really getting used to all of this, but I also realized something: the three-week session is already at its halfway point.  After today will mark a week and a half of being at Brown, and already two and a half weeks since I've been on the East coast.  Time surely does fly.

Today's class was the start of a long lab session where we will be growing organisms on culture plates and using vectors to modify their DNA.  It just so happens that Jing and I did this lab as well in AP Bio back in our sophomore year.  After class, I went out to Antonio's again with Joe and had their special today, the cowboy pizza.  There was spicy ground beef, bacon, avocado, cheddar, and ranch on the slice.  I was planning to get the steak bacon cheddar slice, but the special was so alluring.  I definitely do not regret that choice.

For the rest of the day I did research on my gene therapy project due at the end of this three week session and walked around campus for a bit.  The day was pretty relaxed, although I could see traces of thunderstorms soon to come.  Maybe this week will be the week where I finally break out my umbrella. Hopefully I won't have to do so for the remainder of my days here.  It's also starting to get really humid during the day instead of just at night and in the morning.  We have about ten more days left here and on the eleventh day remaining we leave, so I'll be sure to make the most of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment