Monday, June 16, 2014

The Night Before the Journey

Sitting in front of the computer, I cannot believe that it is already the night before our trip to the East Coast. Looking at the clock at the right-hand corner of my laptop, I realized that there are only six hours left until the start of the journey. I am excited but mostly anxious.

My Carry-on Luggage
After the ACT on Saturday, I started my packing process. I brought down t-shirts, pants, and other clothes from my closet and put them on my bed. Then, more and more things piled up on my bed. Gladly, all things that I want to bring fit in two check-in luggage, one carry-on luggage, and one personal bag. 


This will be a four-week journey, which I will leave my family and familiar environment to a place with brand new experience. Traveling to a place that is 2560 miles away from home, I understand that I will not be able to depend on my parents, but to deal with my problems by my own. I will not be able to always stay in a familiar and comfortable condition, but to adapt and learn new things that I will not face in the Bay Area. This will be a journey of learning and overcoming.

From the orientation that too place in my high school, the essay application, the interview, until today, I have always known that this is a precious experience for me to represent the community and to take back experiences that will benefit both myself and the community. This will not be easy, but I know that all this hard work will be worth the result because at the end, I will be an independent person who is ready for he upcoming college life and a student who will benefit the community by sharing her experiences to her peers.

I think it is time for me to check my packing items for the last time, go to bed, and ready to wake up at 2 o'clock to start the exciting learning trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment